Certificate in Integrative Counselling Level 4
This course, initially designed with Therapists and Healers in mind, values their experience and existing skills whilst recognising the importance of preparing students to become confident and competent in professional Counselling. The programme incorporates a variety of learning opportunities through which the students will develop both their self-awareness, and their knowledge and skills relating to the process of supporting, helping and healing with clients and oneself.
This course not only covers counselling skills, psychological models and an integrative approach to counselling theories but also the energetic dynamics that are inevitably an important part of the therapeutic relationship, an understanding of these dynamics and how best to utilise them.
Are you thinking about doing a Counselling Qualification?
Are you already a Therapist/Healer with no Counselling experience who would like to;
- Understand what is involved in Counselling?
- Gain a Pre-Diploma qualification relevant to both Counselling and Transpersonal Psychotherapy which may entitle you to be exempt from some of the ground work to these qualifications?
- Experience a Counselling course before you undertake a full Diploma to work out if this is right for you?
- Join a course which acknowledges the ‘people skills in a therapeutic role’ which you already have as a therapist and build on these skills as you integrate them into Counselling?
- Join a course which takes into account, and makes appropriate and safe use of, the spiritual/energetic aspects of your clients?
OR are you thinking about becoming a therapist and would like to know which direction to take?
You will achieve;
- A certificate in Counselling accredited by The College of Healing
- Counselling skills which may form Accredited Prior Learning (APL) for a full qualification
- A qualification allowing you to use Counselling skills within your established therapy
- A deeper understanding of yourself and an increase in your own Self Development both personally and as a therapist.
The Holistic Integrative Counselling certificate offers extra skills which support many of the therapeutic fields and works in conjunction with other qualifications and does not qualify you to be a stand-alone Counsellor
- Deepen your understanding of the dynamics of a good therapeutic relationship
- Counselling Skills, ethics, theory and process; compare and contrast several approaches to counselling
- Increase self-awareness and facilitate self-development
- The mind/body connection: energy exchange and the Wounded Healer
- Establishing an awareness of self within the Transpersonal concept
- Unit A: Establishing an awareness of self within the Transpersonal concept
- Unit B: Counselling: skills, ethics, theory and process
- Unit C: The mind/body connection: energy exchange and the Wounded Healer.
The course runs over 9 weekends. Course dates for the next course are awaiting confirmation.
Assessment and accreditation:
There is ongoing assessment of skills, both by peers and the tutor. Students will fulfil assessment criteria which covers an understanding of the course content and a personal response to content and thoughts for further development.
Students will reflect on the following :
- Why am I on this course?
- What do I want to achieve?
- Where do I expect it to lead?
All successful students will receive a College of Healing Certificate.
Students are expected to receive ongoing counselling throughout the course.
Course tutor: Annie Drury
Annie is a qualified psychotherapist, Counsellor and Healer, practising since the early 1980s. She is committed to a holistic approach to healing, healthcare and relationships, believing that each person has an inner innate wisdom that knows what the individual needs in order to be healthy and fulfilled.
Annie is an experienced facilitator with adults, having initiated and run practical courses and workshops on all aspects of self-awareness and self-empowerment. This work has led Annie to work in universities, colleges, the NHS, the police force and as a senior tutor for the College of Healing. You can contact Annie on 07720 040417 but please send text messages only to this number and Annie will call you back.
Course venue: tbc
Course duration: 18 days (9 weekends) in total
Cost: £230.00 per weekend, £200.00 for MCoH. Total cost of attendance on this course: £2,070.00 – £1,800.00 We are happy to accept staged payments in advance.
For more information:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mob: +44 7442 497263
The course was extremely inspiring and educational. It not only gave me great in-site into the history
and knowledge of counselling but it also helped me personally. During the course we were not only
able to learn and follow the teachings but also practice in our own environments. Now after the
course this experience has followed through to help me in all areas in life. I really enjoyed the time
with Annie and the rest of the group. It was an experience that I very much enjoyed and I gained
great inspiration and knowledge . JG
A few years ago I went on Annie Drury’s HICC course. A big commitment for me as I had to travel
quite away to get to the venue …and it did mean sometime away from home each month for 12
My experience was fabulous. Meeting the others on the course was an experience in its self. Each of
us feeling extremely safe to share our thoughts and feelings. Not only that, but to experience Annie
Drury in action. Watching a case unfold in front of us. I felt incredibly privileged and in so much
admiration for the person who volunteered to be taken through a therapy session for us all to
witness. Tremendous learning for us all, but I have never ever forgotten it, and to this day it reminds
me everyday, when clients come to me, how far I can take that person. Knowing what I am capable
of and what I am not.
I finished that course with so much power in my soul to help others. It really showed me what I
wanted to do but also showed me what I didn’t want to do. It made things quite clear for me. I
would like to think that I have helped so many people now over the years since that course.
I learnt a lot about myself, a lot about others and a lot about how life can be for others. I thought I
knew it all. Or a good deal, but this course certainly made me richer mentally, emotionally and
spiritually…and of course you never stop learning, but I still use so many of the techniques from that
course to this day. JC