The next Practitioner course will start in Spring 2023 – please scroll down for exact dates.
The College of Healing Practitioner Course is suitable for people who already have an understanding and experience of giving Healing.
To qualify for entry on this course you must have completed one of the following:
- The College of Healing Foundation Course;
- The College of Healing Self-Care and Self-Healing Course, as well as the Introductory Course in Spiritual and Energy Healing; OR
- You can show that you have the basic knowledge and understanding of Spiritual and Energy Healing necessary to attend the course
Our flagship Practitioner course prepares you to draw out your natural Healing skills and to deepen your spiritual and personal development.
You are entering a journey of spiritual discovery. The first step is a deeper understanding of yourself, then of those around you and your clients.
Our ethos is a diligent service to humanity. Working with the Healing energies inspires you to enhance your unique inner qualities and abilities. You are embracing and cultivating your Inner Healer.
Our tutors are all College of Healing trained and are experienced practitioners in their own right. We aim for a 1/6 tutor to student ratio with each student being allocated a Tutor/Mentor. The tutors will teach the skills and philosophy of the College, which will underpin the discovery of how each individual student works most effectively. Are you clairvoyant (receive information visually), clairaudient (hearing), clairsentient (receive information via your physical body)? Do you learn best via the written word, the spoken word, by physical activity?
At the end of the course some of our students go on to set up a professional healing practice, some incorporate their new skills and understanding into their existing work and life and some continue to work on their personal and spiritual development.
Our Practitioner course has been continually developed and reviewed since its creation in 1983 and offers you the legacy of our 40 years’ experience; and a spiritual home. Our course is held in high esteem within the Healing world as a whole, due to the strength, passion and commitment of Diane O’Connell, one of our College Founders.
As well as healing skills the course highlights areas of spiritual growth within our students and we ask that you undergo your own monthly Healing sessions to allow you to continue your self-development outside the teaching environment.
As you grow you become less easily affected by emotional and environmental influences and able to respond better to life’s challenges.
The Practitioner Course meets the UK National Occupational Standards for Healing and is accredited by UK Healers. Successful completion of the course allows graduates to register with The Complementary National Healthcare Council (CNHC) and the General Regulatory Council for Complementary Therapies (GRCCT). The College of Healing is a member of The Confederation of Healing Organisations (CHO).
Read a testimonial from one of our graduates here: Testimonials
- To develop your knowledge and understanding of working with Healing energies.
- To guide you on a programme of constructive Self Healing and awaken your powerful Healing energies.
- To help you make positive changes to your own life in an objective and constructive manner.
- To encourage understanding and acceptance of alternative belief systems.
- To ensure that you have the appropriate skills and experience to work safely and effectively.
- To ensure that you are skilled and competent Healer.
- Understanding the inter connection between Mind, Body and Spirit.
- Learning the skills and benefits of meditation.
- The art of using colour and symbols in natural Healing.
- Mastering creative visualisation.
- The benefits of energy Healing; bringing balance and well being into life.
- Understanding the energy matrix of the human body; aura and chakras.
- Communication skills, in giving and receiving information.
- How to set up and build a successful, efficient professional practice.
For more in-depth information about the benefits of the training click on the link below:
What can I expect to achieve in my life as a result of this course?
The Practitioner course runs for 12 weekends, usually over a three calendar year period.
Dates & Venue
The course is currently delivered at a venue in Great Malvern.
Training weekends for the currently ongoing course are as follows:
- 2021 dates: 25-26 Sept, 23-24 Oct, 27-28 Nov
- 2022 dates: 26-27 Feb, 26-27 Mar, 23-24 Apr, 10-11 Sept, 8-9 Oct, 26-27 Nov
- 2023 dates: 25-26 Feb, 25-26 Mar, 22-23 Apr (Assessment)
The next course will commence in Spring 2023.
- 2023 dates: 18-19 Mar, 29-30 Apr, 20-21 May, 16-17 Sept, 14-15 Oct, 25-26 Nov
- 2024 dates: 17-18 Feb, 23-24 Mar, 20-21 Apr, 21-22 Sept, 19-20 Oct, 23-24 Nov (Assessment)
Access to internet required
Although the course is essentially delivered in person and face-to-face, access to online facilities will be needed by students, as part of the course will be delivered online. This may include downloading material for self-study or participating in online meetings. For participation in online meetings students would need to have the use of a device (computer/laptop/tablet/smartphone) which either has a camera and microphone built into it, or external camera and microphone linked to it.
In addition to attending the Practitioner course training weekends, you will also be required to complete the following
- A portfolio of assignments.
- Six case studies.
- A self development journal.
- Practical and written assessments.
All successful students will receive a College of Healing Certificate.
- The Practitioner Course in Spiritual and Energy Healing is accredited by and meets the National Occupation Standards for Healing.
- Completing the Course and obtaining the CoH Practitioner Certificate in Spiritual and Energy Healing enables the Healer to Register with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and the General Regulatory Council for Complementary Therapies (GRCCT).
- On completion of the course you will be invited to join The College of Healing Membership Association (CoHMA), our dedicated professional membership organisation offering you on-going support through your Healing journey.
- Total cost of attendance on the Practitioner course starting in March 2023 is £3,100.00. That cost will be held for the duration of the course.
- A further increase is expected to be implemented in line with the beginning of each new Practitioner course but will not apply to courses that are already in progress.
- On acceptance on the course, a deposit will be required and we are happy to accept further staged payments over the duration of the course.
- Course fees include all materials and cost of written and practical assessment.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions or to ask for an application form.